(ECNS) -- Chinas 11 departments jointly released a plan Wednesday on the management of bullying at primary and middle schools.
The plan was released amid increasing bullying on campuses, which has caused wide-spread public concern. Till recently, there had been a lack of a clear line to define bullying and frolicking between students.
Whoever intentionally or maliciously causes physical injury, property loss or spiritual damage in or outside of campus should be defined a bully, according to the plan.
It said schools should take charge of the situation to deal with bullying in accordance with laws and regulations, and complete investigating cases within 10 days in principle.
To those who have been affirmed as bullies, the school commission in charge of prevention should set certain credit hours in its specialized education plan to supervise the assailant and out relevant punishments in line with different cases.
If the victim has suffered obvious physical or mental harm, the school should ask for help from public security bureaus to warn or reprimand the assailant.
In case of an appeal, the office in charge of prevention at county level is held responsible. A recheck should be finished within 15 days.
Cases involving laws or litigations beyond the charge of school commissions should be filed to legal procedures.
The plan was jointly released by the Ministry of Education, the Supreme Peoples Court, the Supreme Peoples Procuratorate, the Ministry of Public Security, the Office of Central Comprehensive Management Commission, the Ministry of Civil Affairs, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, the Central Communist Youth League, the All-China Womens Federation, and China Disabled Persons Federation.
- Armed Police Reform Central Military Commission to take char
- Hukou Waterfall transforms into an icy sight
- Ministry says no questions leaked in postgrad exam
- LeEco founder Jia ordered to return
- China to promote space remote sensing development in 2018
- China refutes German ambassadors allegation on cyber securit
- Taiwan separatist attempts doomed to failure mainland offici
- Constitution amendment tops agenda for CPC January session
- Innovation a common theme in China, U.S. strategic approache
- Chinese authorities define student bullying